Home Office Free Customer Service Contact Numbers

Home Office Free Phone Numbers

Home Office main

Home Office Immigration Textphone

If you are hearing impaired or have some other hearing issues you do not need to worry. The Home Office Immigration textphone is a free number, 0800 389 8289. Get in touch with the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) contact centre about settlements, work and study visas, extending your stay in the UK, immigration rules, and general immigration enquiries.

*For individuals without impairments you will need to use one of the numbers listed below.

Home Office Emergency Services Network

First of all, the Home Office is very serious in its campaign to stop crimes made by the general public. Examples of crimes include working illegally, have no right to be in the UK, and involved in smuggling or other criminal activity. In an emergency, dial 999 and ask for the police. Furthermore, you may get in touch with any of the following free number services:

Home Office Emergency Services Network Free Numbers
Crimestoppers 0800 555 111
Customs 0800 595 000
Anti-Terrorist 0800 789 321


The Crimestoppers free number is 0800 555 111. Especially relevant is that this is the only independent UK charity that fights crimes. Since it is a combined initiative of the police, the media, and the community, expect them to attend to your concerns effectively and efficiently. After the ring, press 1 if you are a victim of a crime. Otherwise, to share information about crimes, please hold while they connect you to an agent.

HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)

The HMRC free number is 0800 595 000. This is the UK’s tax, payments and customs authority. Most noteworthy, the money it collects is used to pay for the UK’s public services and to provide for families and individuals with targeted financial support. Their policies cover business tax reforms, labour market reforms, personal tax reforms, and tax evasion and avoidance.

Home Office Anti-Terrorism

The Home Office anti-terrorism free number is 0800 789 321. This support line encourages individuals to report anything that promotes terrorism or encourage violence and encourages people to commit acts of terrorism. If you want to protect your privacy, you may report incidents such as these anonymously.

Alternative Home Office Contact Numbers, Details and Services
Home Office contact

Home Office Customer Service

Her Majesty’s (HM) Passport Office is the only body that issues UK passports and oversees the civil registration services through the General Register Office (GRO). For general enquiries, get in touch with Home Office customer service number 0300 222 0000. This is the same number to call for passport advice.

HM Office Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates

For birth, marriage and death certificates, you may call the Home Office contact number 0300 123 1837. You need to register to the GRO website to order a copy of birth, death, adoption, marriage or civil partnership certificate in England and Wales. In addition, there is a separate procedure for the registration of births and deaths abroad.

Home Office Immigration

The number for Home Office Immigration Contact is 0300 123 2241. They are open from Monday to Thursday, 9 am to 4:45 pm and every Friday, 9 am to 4:30 pm. For Turkish European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) applications, there is an alternative number on the website that you can call as well as their postal address.

If you are calling from outside the UK, there is another available UK number that you can get in touch with or you may call the number of the UK representative in the country where you are in.

Home Office Immigration Crime

To report an immigration crime, you may dial the Home Office immigration crime number 0300 123 7000. Alternatively, you may refer to the first section for the contact details of emergency numbers that deal specifically with every type of crime.

Home Office Tax Deduction and Textphone

Tell Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about changes to your circumstances or any other general enquiry for tax crediting purposes. Call the Home Office tax deduction helpline number 0345 300 3900 or via textphone 0345 300 3909. The best times to call are on Sundays and from Tuesday to Thursday between 8:30 am and 10:30 am and 2 pm to 4 pm. They are closed on Boxing Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.

Alternative Home Office Free Contact Methods
Home Office Twitter

Home Office Immigration Contact

If you are inside the UK, your enquiry will determine who you need to contact at the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) Department.

Home Office Change of address

You can use the online form to request a change in address or by post:

Change of address team
11th floor, Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road

Home Office Marriage Office

Additionally, for those who have given notice of intent to marry and want to report a change in address, you must email MarriageReferralTeamGeneral@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Alternatively, you may send your letter and necessary information to:

Marriage Referral and Assessment Unit
Dept 158
PO Box 306
L2 0QN

Since this process requires documentation, please note that you need to provide some information and digital copies of specific papers that are posted on the website.

  • Biometric residence permits (BRP): You can report to UKVI if your BRP has not arrived or if it contains errors upon receipt of the document. The Home Office will email you within five working days for further instructions.

For those enquiring on behalf of someone else, UKVI only accepts legal representatives. That is, you must have a letter of authority from the person, which they may ask you to submit first before they do any changes.

  • Immigration crime: The Home Immigration Office contact details for reporting crimes are mentioned in the first section.

Home Office Travel Documents

The Home Office Travel Document section, United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA), is the group responsible for the issuance of Home Office travel documents to both Commonwealth citizens and foreign nationals. There are four types of document that are issued to those who cannot get a passport from any issuing state:

  1. Refugee Document (blue)
  2. Stateless Person Document (red)
  3. Certificate of Travel (black); previously Certificate of Identity (brown) until March 2008
  4. Declaration of Identity (TDB 137; single sheet of paper)

You may only apply online or via the post by filling in form TD112 BRP and sending it to the following address:

Home Office
Travel Documents BRP
PO Box 588
DH99 1AA

There is no listed Home Office Travel Document official phone number. Consequently, you may use the Home Office customer service number for further enquiries.

Home Office Lost My Passport Service

You need to report your lost or stolen passport to Her Majesty’s (HM) Passport Office. If you lost it within the UK, there are three ways to report it:

  • Download and fill out a copy of the LS01 form and post it to the address indicated in the form.
  • Get a copy of the LS01 form from a post office that provides the Check and Send service.
  • Use the online service. Do note that you need a daytime phone number and an email address or UK mobile number to use this service.

If the passport was stolen abroad, here are the steps to follow:

  1. Fill in form LS01 and post, fax or bring it to the nearest British embassy, high commission or consulate. You can use the online enquiry form to contact Her Majesty’s Passport Office for further advice. The addresses of all the countries are available on the Web site. Simply click on the country where you lost your passport and they will provide you with the corresponding contact details as well as the opening hours of the consulate.
  2. Get a replacement passport. You can apply from the country you are in if there is no urgent need at the moment to travel.
  3. Otherwise, for urgent requirements, you need to get an emergency travel document from the Embassy, High Commission or Consulate and pay a corresponding fee.

It is very important that you cancel a lost or stolen passport to prevent possible identity theft. You may also report on behalf of someone if they are unavailable to do it.

e Spouse Visa Services

You can apply for a “family of a settler person” visa if you are already in the UK and wish to remain with a family member or partner, for example, your spouse. Your spouse or family member can be a British citizen, has settled in the UK, or has asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK. Your child may also have the chance to get a visa if they have lived in the UK for a minimum of 7 years. You can apply in person, online or by post. There are different forms depending on your chosen routes.

Home Office Social Media

You can use Twitter to get general help from HMRC. However, do not give any personal details as they are not allowed to discuss specific cases or an individual’s tax details. Additionally, their daily tweets will include news stories, new photo galleries on their Flickr team, and latest videos on the Home Office YouTube channel. You can also get information about the latest speeches and statements by the Home Secretary and ministers as well as invitations for you to give feedback through consultations.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *